Tuesday, January 11, 2011

mashed-up dance music.


A pencil sketch of Kevin playing video games.


In a weird mood today. Blahblahblah.
Watched Super Troopers, which makes a lot of things better.
Been eating a lot better lately, and exercising, but weight loss takes SO long... oh, well. Just gotta keep at it.
Being mostly in a chair drawing, reading, and watching movies I've always been a little overweight. Sit-at-home-nerd-syndrome. Totally. Trying to morph into a more active nerd!
But I'm not too frustrated (I say that now). It'll happen.
I was pretty comfortable with all my curves (I still think I am cute/curvy) but this holiday weight ended that.
I'm sure there are other nerds/artists who can sympathize.
I wish I liked running. Or loved a sport enough to go play it every week.
But first I will conquer what I call "relaxation eating" which is essentially snacking while sitting for long periods of time.

Sorry, I know that's not art-related, but it does have to do with my art process.
I DO love granola, yogurt, celery, and almonds. Also 100% juices and teas. All of these are supposed to help weight come off. Also a lot of fiber, berries, fruits...etc. Sounds obvious, I know, but with my financial means it comes down to a lot of cheap/quick food like mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, bacon and eggs, and too much coffee. Throw in all of that holiday chocolate, cookies, and extra meat and cheese, and it became really obvious that I was losing the battle. Ugh.
I am starting off with cutting red meat, most cheese, and eggs. Also doing Pilates every other day and taking evening constitutionals more often.
Wish me luck!

Ta!
Love, Natty G.

music: dance-mix mash-ups
book: Of Bees and Mist: A Novel by Erick Setiawan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nate, I don't really like playing sports either, but what really helped me stay in shape was swimming! If you find time in your schedule to swim regularly, it is great exercise and fun to do (plus it will increase your body's flexibility). I am thinking about getting back into a swim group myself. Just my .02 best of luck!