Monday, February 21, 2011

When we were young.

Here is a small list of some of the artist influences I had around me as a small child. I'm sure I've left some out, but I will probably update more later.


William Nicholson. Best known by me for The Velveteen Rabbit.



Tomie dePaolo. Best known by me for Indian Paintbrush and Strega Nona.


Don Freeman. Corduroy.


Quentin Blake. Best known by me for all of the illustrations in the Roald Dahl books.


Jan Brett. Best known to me for her retelling of Beauty and the Beast and The Owl and the Pussycat. As well as Twelve Days of Christmas.


Clement Hurd. Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny.


Leo and Diane Dillon. Why Mosquitoes Buzz In People's Ears and numerous young adult book covers.


Bill Watterson. Need I say more?

Each of these artists are still influential to me. And they're still some of my favorite artists.

Nathalie.
Love.


TV: A Haunting. Season 1.

No comments: