Saturday, July 23, 2011

Messing About

So, to follow a line of thinking from earlier today, I would like to post a list of favorite actors and actresses. Most of whom has done films which have influenced my art and tastes in movies. I've narrowed it down to my top 10. Doesn't really feel art-related too much. But I've always admired really good actors/actresses and used to want to be in plays more, but I've resigned myself to the fact that my memory just isn't good enough. Acting is an art. And a hard one that takes over your life. These are actors/actresses who I appreciate and have found there films to be mostly consistently good. I will update art posts this week.

1. Christoph Waltz
2. Peter Dinklage
3. Lee Pace
4. Brendan Gleeson
5. Chiwetel Ejiofor

1. Penelope Cruz
2. Rachel Weisz
3. Audrey Tautou
4. Tina Fey
5. Paula Malcomson

Each of them have been in movies or shows I've loved and ones I've hated or had no interest in. It's strange how the media can also influence a personal opinion of an actor/actress briefly enough to have you miss a couple of there films or want no part in their newer stuff. I also find it harder to like and appreciate actresses. Which miffs me a little. My feminist side gets all sad. I love women and there are plenty of one-off performances I really like, just not very consistent performances in wide-variety who I find myself to go back to. The same can be said for actors, too, I suppose. But I find it to a lesser degree. I'm not sure why. Maybe I expect too much from actresses and I am rarely won over by the damsel-in-distress take which is so, sadly, still the case all too often.

Love,
Nat.

Art posts to follow soon.

No comments: