Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"the big bad music makes me go insane!"








So, I went to see How to Train Your Dragon in 3D and I felt like I was going to explode. I don't really get obsessive about things, in general, and I learned in grade school that buying into fades was mostly just a waste of money, but I find myself obsessed with that movie. The design was incredible and the story was more original than most of the films that have been coming out recently. The character design, specifically the varieties of dragons, blew my mind. Not that they were unimaginable, but the care with which they were designed and the study of how they all moved exceeded my brain's capacity of awesome.
So, above, you will see two depictions of Toothless, the Night Fury, whose design is unfortunately NOt mine, but I mean no criminal intention by reproducing his likeness.
In other words, go see this movie. Check out the art book, it is beautiful.
I also include two girlies and a free-form bird I drew off of a random watercolor splotch I made.
I've been trying to work more on making permanent marks right-off, instead of relying so heavily on pencil, but it's tough.

LOVE, Nat.

music: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Oh Yeah [Save My Soul]

1 comment:

Nathalie_H said...

Hey! 于名于倫 , please stop leaving comments on my blog! They are obnoxious and I don't like the language you are using. If you do not stop leaving comments I will report you. I have already notified blogspot that you are leaving obscene commments. Don't think that because I don't speak Chinese I can't find out what your comments say. Please leave.