Monday, January 9, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is going to be an interesting year. I am hoping to stop mucking about and finally pull on my artist gloves. I went completely awash last year. 2011 was completely focused on my job and paying bills and stressing out. I had good times with friends and family, but I feel a sense of vacancy and urgency all at once. I need to do art. MORE. NOW. I've found myself so significantly starved of artistic outlet that I am hopelessly addicted to the Crayola crayons at work. I have a work sketchbook and I knit, but that is barely keeping me afloat. I had a small burst of steam within the last three months, making gifts for Christmas and such. I painted a couple birds, a cat, and several pin ups. Delicious. My days off, more recently, I find myself focused on Skyrim or Netflix or sleeping. All of these things are good, but they are also not completely necessary in great quantities. Also, I am aiming to have my scanner up and scanning by the end of the week. I will flood this blog with images. I will !

Good luck to me!
Love to you.

-Nat

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looking forward to seeing your newly scanned work! Hang in there, you'll make it.