Thursday, January 19, 2012

I get paid to do this?

Sweet!

So, I work with children ages 2 to 5 and I find myself drawing with crayons a lot more than I have in the last, let's say, 15 years. I get requests, which I love, but I really love drawing with a kid. I love to see what they draw or what they ask me to draw. I also really like drawing a picture and having them help me color it. Sometimes I am just drawing while they watch movies or something and then they ask me what I'm doing and ask if they can draw too. These are my favorite days at work. Here's an example:

A girl named Kayla saw that I was coloring a unicorn.


She got all excited and told me all about how she LOOOOVEES unicorns SO MUCH and how my unicorn was the most prettiest unicorn she has ever seen. So, she asked me if she could draw a unicorn too. She gave me her drawing:



It's my favorite drawing at work. I put it on the wall with the other drawings kids give me. Not to sound rude, but it really is my favorite.
I think her unicorn is better.

Love,
Nat

Adventures in childcare. Oof.

music: Spring And A Storm - Tally Hall
movie: Snow White & the Seven Dwarves
book: Virals by Kathy Reichs and rereading Barry Ween by Judd Winick

No comments: