Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Champions ip Records.

I've been doing some book rearranging in my house today and I am proud to announce that I am just all kinds of nerdy. Step into my living room and you will be greeted with a bookcase full of graphic novels. Go into the TV room; a push-up-your-glasses free-for-all of Firefly, Willow, Legend, Venture Brothers, The Mummy, and the like on DVD and VHS. Beyond that, the studio. Full of art books and comics. And don't even get me started on the Batman pins on my coat of the TMNT and Ghostbusters posters on the wall...

Anyway, top ten list.
Graphic novels.

1. Love and Rockets by Jaime Hernandez
2. Hellboy by Mike Mignola
3. Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley
4. The Long Halloween by Loeb and Sale
5. The Complete Bone by Jeff Smith
6. Black Metal by Spears and BB
7. You Have Killed Me by Jones and Rich
8. Maus by Spiegleman
9. Persepolis II by Marjane Satrapi
10. Black Cherry by Doug TenNapel

All for different reasons and in no specific order. I love them.

I was at Floating World (Portland, OR) a little while ago and grabbed #1 Joe the Barbarian by Grant Morrison and Sean Murphy. I'm loving the story so far and the art is rockin'. I also came across an old comic I picked up awhile ago The Score put out by Piranha Press by Gerard Jones and Mark Badger. Killer art work in watercolor and the story is very gritty crime syndicate/noir.

COMICSCOMICSCOMICS.

I am applying to work at Things From Another World even if it feels hopeless. I would just love to work there. I need out of where I am currently and I miss having nerdyness and art be in my life every day, like in college.

Random nerd post, I know, just a thing I thought of.

Love,
Nathalie

background noise: Bioshock

No comments: