Friday, November 12, 2010

The Look: Nathalie Aesthetic

Inspiration? Where do your ideas come from? How do you come up with the images you make?
There is never really an answer you can put into words, for questions like that. I'm not a famous artist, or even an amazing talent, but I am always curious about where I get my ideas. Yet, I am always at a loss as to how to answer this question.
I was looking through my image folders just now and I find that some of the below images, people, and styles are what inspire me most.
These images do not belong to me, were not created by me, and I have no legal control over them. I am using them only to convey my artist aesthetic.


Dita Von Teese.

Bettie Page.

1920s era photography and fashion.

Black and white movies. The African Queen among them. The classic and beautiful images of Bogart and Hepburn.

Pin-up and erotic photography from the early 1900s.

Modern twists on ridiculous and amazing 1750-60s era fashions. As seen in Marie Antoinette (2006) and sugar tits pin-up.

Strange pin-up/stripper fashions. Including, but not limited to, Star Wars theme.

Marilyn Monroe.

Lauren Bacall.

A bit random, I know, but I will be continue to improve my pin-up drawing and painting skills. These seem to convey my "look" best at the moment.

Love,
Nata

No comments: